iN wOnDeRLaNd... wE'rE aLL MaD...

"Would you tell me please which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don't care where--" said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Birthday Blues

The December babies sure waited long to turn 21. Attended two birthday celebrations recently, Verlyn's one on the 8th and Kian Seng's one yesterday. I guess it can be quite touching to see all the friends you have made in the past 21 years in one single night. Friends who have stayed on throughout the years and are making an effort to spend an evening for your special day.

Verlyn sure had loads of friends, especially those from St John. You can always trust people who used to wear the same uniform as you to enliven your party. For guys, nothing beats the army pals..

I wonder when has it become customary to take group pictures before cutting the cake. The birthday boy or girl stands behind the cake and goes back in time to fetch favourite friends from various eras to take a snapshot for memory. It is like as if you are living your whole 21 years once again.

I wonder if I were to hold such a party, who would I invite and will they turn up? Perhaps I shall just take a ride back in time and see who I really miss..

My Guest List

Bedok Town

Xuehui. Well, guess it's reasonable to invite a best friend?

Joanette. I know her since kindergarten! Then to the same primary school, secondary and JC. 16 years already and still counting! But haven't talked to her for ages..

Clara. I remember we used to have happy times together.

Zhiwen. I just remember our longest telephone conversation was 6 hours.

Zhongxian. We used to play pranks on people..

Tianyou. My rival who topped the school with me? Oh.. those were the days. So sorry I didn't turn up for your 21st birthday party!

Felicia. I think it's nice to invite a celebrity... 美人鱼!

Dunman High

Jamie. My 最佳拍档。 How could you just leave me like that... who else can I sing a duet with?

Marianna Peixin. My favourite ah lian. Haha.. always call me meepok..

Junyang. Even though you always call me 变态. You are still quite nice..

Zhimin. Oh, Seetoh the smart girl who is so easy to talk to..

Agnes. You were the one who screamed to invite me to NUS. So touched.

Sterling. Do you still like Buffy?

Shuhui. My Guai Gia Gang buddy..

Edward. Another Guai Gia Gang buddy..

VJ

Verlyn. One of the rare few I can talk to.

Brendan. You're the rogue while I'm frivolous ya?

Elizabeth. So producer, when is our next film?

Xiongwei. nice guy.. just go easy with the insults ya? haha..

Zhengru. Well, you were present for everyone's birthday..

Hong Yui. We love Japan! かわいにほんがすきです!

Army

Peck. I love listening to your ramblings. You are welcomed anytime.

Ivan. My best pal during BMT I would say.

Junjie. I'll play jazz during my party, ok?

Zuwei. Michael Buble was good!

Chung Hei. It would be great if I had known you earlier during JC days ya?

Luke. Oh.. luke.. we are closer these days ya? heehee.. ;)

Alpha guys! you are all invited! especially,

my mahjong kakis: Neo, Joseph and Charlie

those who so took care of me: Raymond, Daniel and Ruifang

my NE partner! Venkat!

my favourite commanders: Eugene, Jianlong

those so lovable and easy to talk to: David, Kian Seng, Jiewen, Tholmas, Melvin, Khoo

driving partner during terrible Ops Bascinet: Hock Yam

Wallaby pal: Weitang

Teri-jie.. we almost got killed together during Wallaby!

Shem-jie.. for understanding me..

Encik.. for taking care of me..

Everyone.. except for that Ba Geh!

NUS

JS project mates! fellow Minamata victims: Michelle, Xping, Matthew, Ivan

Japanese がくせい: Ying Ting-san, Joy-san, May Lian-san.

WenJuan: Must go sing again next time!

Mark and Vincent: Thanks for accompanying me.

Jitsy: fellow Psych major

Miscellaneous:

Margaret. My fellow talent scout colleague. Surprised we are quite alike and can communicate well with each other.

Aaron. Well, you were nice to me before.

David. Thanks for keeping me company with your messages.

Junxian. You are like my didi... haha.

Tianyang. Another one who is easy to talk to.

And many others...

Seriously speaking, I do not have a lot of close friends but I sometimes delude myself into thinking I have a lot. Wenjuan sent me this message recently:

突然发现想在晚上打电话找人聊天时电话簿里的电话好像不够多。

Not enough numbers in her phonebook to call and have a chat at night? I replied to her that there is no need to have a lot of numbers, just a few will do..

How I would love to have a few numbers I can call every night...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi
u are from vjc? hihi. me too. have a great day ahead. :)

lester

11:25 PM  
Blogger xpingified said...

ooooh you'll invite me too? hehe that's nice! i haven't attended a 21st birthday party yet! i'm going to attend my cousin's one coming january, den i think alot of my frens will start having their 21st bdays next year! heh. when's your bday? is it over?

9:43 PM  
Blogger Kin said...

hi lester.. yup i'm from vjc..

xping too right? haha..my 21st bday long over le.. feb 25.. so my 22nd coming soon..hah.. old liao..

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha...I will be waiting for ur Jazz music wor....

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home