iN wOnDeRLaNd... wE'rE aLL MaD...

"Would you tell me please which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don't care where--" said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Japanese Freak

Did I mention that there were changes to the modules I took? I have dropped Eng Lit to take the Japanese language instead. I guess I was intimidated by all the books I have to read in just a few months. I remember I took 2 years in secondary school to study three books. And they are expecting us to cover and study in depth like 6 books in 4 months? That is like one book for every two lectures!

People say that it is possible to cope but I still chickened out. It was not a bad choice though as I took up Japanese, which is what I always wanted to learn. I enjoyed the japanese tutorials most by the way. But it is really quite intensive, with 2 hour lectures and 5 hour tutorials every week and lots of preparation to do, I find myself studying Japanese more than any other subjects.

And with so many hours of tutorials, my timetable planning is all screwed up. However, I still managed to squeeze everything into the first four days and leave Friday free. I just need it so much. Going to and fro between my house and school is simply exhausting.

And yes, I am taking Japanese studies and Japanese at the same time. I am such a Japanese freak. Yea, somebody called me that. I don't know but I just love how the Japanese words sounded in their songs. I like the exquisite Japanese cuisines and the quirky Japanese drama serials. I like their outlandish fashion sense and cute culture.

Perhaps I should make plans to go for exchange in Japan. It would be great just to be away from NUS for a semester and try something different you know. Meanwhile, I have to try to remember my katakana, when i have barely mastered my hiragana. Japanese is just so troublesome.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wif cls or japanese studies? wif Dr Lim? siong okay... hee

11:16 AM  
Blogger Kin said...

nope not Dr Lim. my tutor is Dr Saito.. he's a nice japanese man. =P

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home