iN wOnDeRLaNd... wE'rE aLL MaD...

"Would you tell me please which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don't care where--" said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.

Monday, August 22, 2005

What can you get with $4?

I have a terrible sense of time judgement. That is why I always end up late. Not to mention I take outrageously long to prepare myself to go out. I have been taking taxi from clementi to school for quite a few times already. Do you know that it costs consistently $4 to take a cab from clementi to NUS?

For the first time, the fare was $4.10. I deliberately gave $10 to the driver so that he will not bother to give me $5.90 but $6.00 instead, thereby saving ten cents. Don't you think I am cheapskate? But every cent is important to me now since I am living purely on the $360 I get from my tuition job. And I still have the audacity to take a cab because I delayed in going out. Must hit myself on the head.

Then, for the second time, the fare was $4.20. I tried the same trick again but the Malay driver asked if I have 20 cents. Okay.. so it does not work all the time. Then for the third time, the driver was cool enough to beat two traffic lights and cruised to NUS clocking a fare of $4 exactly.

I was thinking about a new service implementation. There should be a taxi stand where late NUS students can gather to share a cab. Then with 4 people sharing, each person will just have to pay a dollar! Isn't that wonderful?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea pal, it should work... i'll raise it for you... hopefully they can pass it soon... cheers.

11:19 AM  
Blogger xpingified said...

that's a FANTASTIC IDEA!!!! wheeeees. hehe. i dropped by to say hi!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Kin said...

ooh... hope it works ya..haha

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home